Dr. Joseph is a senior lecturer at Taylor's University School of Medicine. He has extensive experience with non-profit organizations working as a consultant for the Health Equities Initiative - an NGO that provides services for refugees in Malaysia. He has worked with MSF (Doctors Without Borders) Holland, conducted assessments of psychiatric services in Iraq, and was a mental health coordinator at the International Medical Corps in Jordan. Dr Joseph has received his Master of Psychological Medicine (MPM) from University of Malaysia along with his Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India.
1. Senior lecturer, PMC; Apr 2011 – Mar 2014
2. Consultant psychiatrist, Apollo Medical Center, Taiping, 2012 – 2014
3. From Nov & Dec 2011: Consultant for MSF (Doctors without Borders) Holland - conducted assessment of Psychiatric services in Iraq
4. From Apr 2008 – Aug 2011, Dr Joseph was a Mental Health Coordinator, International Medical Corps, Jordan
5. From May 2003 – Mar 2008; Consultant psychiatrist, UMMC, Kuala Lumpur.
6.From Jul 1995 – May 1998: GP, Kota Kinabalu 1 year, Kuala Lumpur 2 years.
7.From Jan 1991 – Jun 1995: MOH including 2 years MO Bukit Padang Psychiatric 8.Hospital, KK